canvas id: 'chunk-game', height: 600, width: 800
script src: 'js/chunk.js'
script src: 'js/snake.js'
### Download the tutorial
Before you can start the tutorial, you'll need to <a
href="js-snake-game-tutorial.zip">download the tutorial</a> to your computer
to edit the source code.
### Launch your programming environment
When programming, you'll generally want these tools on hand:
* Your browser to see the code running (I recommend Chrome)
* A text editor to change the code (I recommend <a
messages. This is built into your browser.
Once you have these tools available, we need to open the files we'll be working with:
* Open game/snake.js in your text editor
* Open game/index.html in your browser
dismiss the window that pops up
<img src='img/helloworld.png' height="300" width="600">
### Stop and reflect
whether the code does what you expect. How else can you get feedback about whether
your code does what you expect?
* Why shouldn't you use Word or Google Docs to edit code?
### Helpful Links
* <a href="https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/">How to launch dev tools in chrome.</a>
* <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18359">How to launch dev tools in internet explorer.</a>
* <a href="https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Debugging/Setting_up">How to launch dev tools in firefox.</a>
* <a href="https://developer.apple.com/library/safari/documentation/Tools/Conceptual/SafariExtensionGuide/UsingExtensionBuilder/UsingExtensionBuilder.html">How to launch dev tools in safari.</a>